Exhibited will be a selection of some of his lithographs, sculptures, color woodcuts, and objects of art.
We invite artists from the BUFFALO AREA and TORONTO, who have been in some way INFLUENCED or INSPIRED by the unique art of Salvador Dali, to join us in this Homage to the greatest painter of the 20th century by showing ONE of their works at this art exhibition, which opens on MAY 11, 2004 at the Museum of European Art.
Only original paintings (in oil, acrylic, watercolors or mixed media), photographs and sculptures will be considered.
1) Artists accepted to participate will be invited to show ONE of their works at the exhibition. Deadline for application is March 31, 2004, but space is limited.
2) All artwork must be ready to hang and be delivered between April 10-13, 2004,between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., by appointment. We will NOT accept any deliveries after April 13, 2004.
3) All artwork must be accompanied by a label (in bold type) containing: artist's name, nationality and the year of birth; title of the work; media and year of completion, and price.
4) EXHIBITION FEES: PAINTINGS, up to 18 inches wide by 20 high, $ 30
up to 36 wide by 64 high, $ 60
larger works, $ 75
SCULPTURES: $ 30 each
... AND one bottle of SPANISH WINE & a plate of appetizers (Spanish or Mediterranean preferred).
5) Each artist will receive 20 post-card invitations to invite their friends. We encourage you to bring as many friends as you like, but you are expected to bring at least 12 guests. RECEPTION is on the opening day, 6-8 p.m. Artists to arrive by 5 p.m if possible.
6) The Museum of European Art will receive commission of 25% if a work of art is sold either by the artist or by the Museum during the exhibition. Works shown at the exhibition and sold by the artist within 3 months to someone who attened the exhibition are also subject to the 25% commission. We will NOT be responsible for any damage or loss of your works.
Please fill out this form, and mail it with a photograph of the work you like to exhibit to: John Zavrel, MUSEUM OF EUROPEAN ART, 10545 Main Street, Clarence, New York 14031. PLEASE enclose your check for the exhibition fee. Telephone (716) 759-6078 *** By e-mail, submit info and photo to email@example.com
City ___________________________State ________ Zip______________
Telephone __________________ e-mail _____________________________