IMPORTANT: We do NOT limit participation only to works on the current theme. In general, out of 50-60 paintings in each exhibition, only 25 - 30% fall within the theme. The remaining works of art CAN be ANYTHING - landscapes, surrealistic themes, birds and animals, social issues, photographs, portraits, ecology, themes from historical events, works inspired by poetry, literature and music, spiritual and religious themes, space travel, works related to one's cultural heritage, legends and mythology, and so on.
We also aim for a mixture of level of artistic accomplishment: we like to show young, talented and aspiring artists along with more accomplished artists as well as some world-known artists. That makes for an interesting and inspiring event for artists as well as visitors. Contact us and join us for the next event!
Please fill out this form, and mail it with your photographs (or slides) and vita to the MUSEUM OF EUROPEAN ART, 10545 Main Streeet, Clarence, New York 14031 (http://www.MEAus.com)
City ___________________________State ________ Zip______________
Telephone __________________ e-mail _____________________________
1) FOR SUBMISSIONS BY E-MAIL, 3 photos maximum. By mail, you may submit up to 6 photographs or slides. Indicate your name, title of work, dimensions, medium, and selling price. All materials will be kept for our archives. You can also stop by the Museum ON SATURDAYS, 2-4 p.m. WITHOUT APPOINTMENT to show us your works for consideration. DEADLINE is May 31, 2004.
2) Please include a vita, recent articles or reviews (if any), and feel free to tell us more about yourself and your work.
3) All paintings, drawings or sculptures must be original works. Photographs also welcome.
4) Artists selected to participate will be able to show their works on ONE or TWO display panels (48 x 84 inches), which will accommodate from 1, 2 or 4 paintings, depending on size: (4) size 14x18, (2) size 18x36 or 36x18, or (1) 36x48 inches. Oversize works subject to additional charge.
5) All artwork must be ready to hang and be delivered between July 1 - 5, 2004,between 1 and 5 p.m. by appointment. We will NOT accept any deliveries after July 7, 2004.
6) All artwork must be accompanied by a label (in bold type) containing: artist's name, nationality and the year of birth; title of the work; media and year of completion.
7) The charge to painters is $ 60, plus one bottle of wine and a plate of appetizers PER DISPLAY PANEL. For sculptors, the same fee for 2 pedestals.
8) Artists are required to be at the Museum on the opening evening on April 22, 2004 already at 5 p.m. -- to meet the other artists and for photos, before the guests arrive. Artists will be introduced to our guests at 6:30 p.m. Each artist will have TWO TO THREE MINUTES to introduce themselves and say a few words about their artworks in the exhibition.
9) Each artist will receive 30 post-card invitations PER DISPLAY PANEL to invite their friends. We encourage you to bring as many friends as you like, but you are expected to bring at least 12 guests PER DISPLAY PANEL. Reception is on the opening day, 6-8 p.m. Artists to arrive by 5 p.m.
10) The Museum of European Art will receive commission of 20%, if a work of art is sold either by the artist or by the museum during the exhibition. Works shown at the exhibition and sold by the artist within 9 months to someone who attened the exhibition are also subject to the 20% commission, on an honor basis.
11) We will not be responsible for any possible damage or loss of any of your works.
12) All visitors and artists will have the opportunity to vote on their favorite work. Artists will receive certificates for the top three works; the best one will be displayed at the Museum until the opening of the next exhibition.
For more information, please contact: John Zavrel: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone (716) 759-6078