The Spring 2006 art exhibition of the Museum of European Art will continue our international initiative to showcase works of talented, original and ambitious artists together with the works of prominent European artists of our time.
The exhibition will open on Sunday, MAY 7, 2006 from 1 to 4 p.m., and will continue through June 24, 2006.
About half of the artists in this exhibition will be from the Buffalo area. The rest will be from Canada, Europe, and other parts of the world.
Artists who are accepted can show ONE to FOUR of their works of art. Only original works--paintings, graphic works, mixed media, sculptures and photographs will be considered.
Deadline for application is April 30, 2006.
1) Applicants should be artists who have a desire to publicize their art through cooperation with the Museum of European Art and the Journal PROMETHEUS.
2) Exhibition fees: Paintings, photographs, sculptures: $ 25 each work of art.
3) All artwork must be accompanied by a label containing: artist's name, nationality, date of birth, title of the work, media, size, year of completion and selling price. You can e-mail us this information, BUT files must be under 400K. Send photos in .jpg or .JPEG formats ONLY.
4) All artwork must be ready to hang (wire or string) and be delivered to the museum by April 30, 2006, by appointment.
5) Each artist will receive 40 invitation post-cards to send to their clients.
6) The Museum of European Art will receive a commission of 25% if a work of art is sold during the exhibition. We will NOT be responsible for any possible damage or loss of your works.
For more information, contact John Zavrel, Director, MUSEUM OF EUROPEAN ART, 10545 Main Street, Clarence, New York 14031. Telephone (716) 759-6078 *** By e-mail, email@example.com
'Princess Diana', a bronze sculpture by the Toronto artist Yuri Firsov will be among the works of art presented at the ART METROPOLIS 2006.
Artists from New York, Ontario and Europe exhibit their recent paintings, sculptures, mixed media and photographs. Edward Tabachnik (St. Petersburg/Toronto), James Leefe (San Francisco), Kurt Arentz (Leverkusen), Birgit Sewekow (Berlin), Binyamin Shalumov (Moscow/Amherst), Renate Stendar (Zürich/Hamburg), James Culligan (Ireland/Owen Sound), David Digby (Buffalo), Eleanor Pauling (Owen Sound), Yuri Firsov (St. Petersburg/Toronto), James McGill (Ireland/Owen Sound), Yuri Frantsuzov (Moscow/Berlin), Wesley Zavrel (New York), Elisaveta Aleksandrova (Sofia), Seamas Culligan (Boston), Ran Webber, Bradley Widman, Joanna Dicker-Bachman, Kathleen Kelly, Joseph Czarnota, Sharon Scanlon, Geeta Harvey, Sarah Myers, Jean Haas, and Alan Larson.
'Small Hermitage', oil painting by the Russian-born painter Edward Tabachnik. ART METROPOLIS 2006, May 7 to June 24, 2006.