Artists from the Buffalo metropolitan area are invited to exhibit ONE OR MORE of their more recent works at the exhibition ART METROPOLIS 2009. The Opening Reception with artists will take place on Saturday, September 5, 2009 at 2-5 pm.
To register and for more information, please contact John Zavrel at firstname.lastname@example.org , or by mail at Museum of European Art, 10545 Main Street, Clarence, NY 14031.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: JULY 31, 2009
1) Artists who would like to be considered should e-mail photos of 3 or 4 of their best recent works to the Museum for selection.
2) The works of art must be ORIGINAL PAINTINGS (oil, acrylic, or mixed media), PHOTOGRAPHS or SCULPTURES. Please include the title, description and selling price for each artwork submitted for consideration.
3) The theme of the 2009 exhibition is 'HOMAGE TO SALVADOR DALI', since this year marks the 20th anniversary of Dalí's death in 1989. Some 40 color lithographs, woodcuts, sculptures and art objects by the great Spanish artist will be also on display during this exhibition.
4) Exhibition fees are $ 35 per one artwork, and $ 15 for each additional artwork.
5) Each artist will receive 50 invitations to the Opening Reception on September 5, 2009.
6) On the Opening day, artists and visitors will cast their votes for the "Best Work of Art".
7) Three top winners will receive a special Certificate of Recognition--ART METROPOLIS 2009.
8) If an artwork is sold during the exhibition, the Museum gets 20% commission.
9) An article about the event will be placed on the website of the Museum of European Art. Our website, www.meaus.com gets over 160,000 visitors per month, so this will be good publicity for the artists.